The Synergy Company is one of the most highly regarded brands of certified organic supplements in the international marketplace. From our modest beginnings in a home office with just a few visionary employees, The Synergy Company has expanded into a world-renowned, award-winning, certified organic company with 75+ dedicated employees. We take a very personal, hands-on approach to everything we do — from our custom ingredient research and impeccable growing and processing, to our in-house, eco-friendly, certified organic manufacturing and "factory-direct" sales and servicing. The Synergy Company is situated in the beautiful community of Moab, Utah, inspired by the red rock canyons and breathtaking La Sal Mountains. We have been privately and family owned and operated since our incorporation in 1992.
Learn more at https://www.thesynergycompany.com/
The Synergy Company is currently seeking a Dietary Supplement Scientist who is experienced in developing safe, effective, and beneficial dietary supplements that are rooted in research, evidence-based science, traditional wisdom, and innovation.
The scientist will be an integral part of the company’s Research and Development team (including the founder of Synergy) and will play an essential role in product and ingredient development. This position is responsible for ensuring product integrity, innovation, safety, and efficacy through the development process. The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment that promotes participatory management, cooperation, and communication. The Synergy Company is actively developing and launching new products and the focus is on creating the absolute best product for our customers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Evaluate proposed ingredient/product development and consult on ingredient/product design, applying knowledge of traditional use, published research, compelling scientific data, and innovative developments.
- Assist with all aspects of formulation projects: ingredient development (initial sourcing and qualification), safety and claims validation, benefits, regulatory status of ingredients and formulations, processing and bio-actives assessment, and educational support.
- Collaborate on label claims for all new products and document claims substantiation to meet regulatory requirements.
- Analyze scientific data and apply findings to product development, claims substantiation.
- Provide technical and conceptual guidance on ingredient development.
- Serve as an inter-departmental resource, including educational presentations as well as answering questions as they arise during the course of business.
- Assist with the interpretation of laboratory test results. Advise and consult on test method selection in collaboration with a third party analytical laboratory.
- Write formula/product monographs and technical reports to define the goals and specifications of products such that the goal and intent of that product will be protected throughout formulation and re-formulation to ensure product integrity and legacy.
- Author raw material monographs to substantiate the safety, benefit, historical use, published research and to define the specifications of that raw material.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Experience developing dietary supplements for the US market.
- Ph.D or MS. in Botany, Ethnobotany, Pharmacognosy, Biology, or Chemistry.
- Experience authoring technical documents for the business environment.
- Professional experience working on team projects.
- Experience preparing and delivering presentations in writing and in front of groups
- Ability to understand, interpret and distill academic and clinical research for use in business decisions.
- Understanding of statistical design and ability to analyze data to provide relevant interpretation, draw valid conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to think critically and creatively to problem solve unique situations and make recommendations for alternative processes or products.
- Academic and technical understanding of raw material growing, harvesting, drying, processing, and extraction.
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401k Retirement with company match
- Life Insurance
- Monthly product allowance and discounts
- Paid time off
- Wellness programs