The Synergy Company is currently seeking a Production Supervisor to join our swing shift team. The company, located in the breathtaking surroundings of Moab, UT, is a manufacturer and direct-to-consumer retailer of premium quality, organic dietary supplements.
As a key member of the production team, the Production Supervisor will direct, coordinate, and lead all aspects of production during the swing shift, including coaching and directing production personnel, setting daily schedule priorities, assuring compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices and equipment calibration and oversight.
- Ensure night shift team’s strict compliance with all safety, quality and 21 CFR Part 111 cGMP requirements. Maintain and foster teamwork, good work ethic and discipline among staff.
- Review processing schedule with the Production Manager to determine staffing requirements, work procedures/instructions, and duty assignments, and monitor team progress towards production objectives.
- Train production employees in the proper procedures for safety, cGMP, equipment setup and operation, quality and cleanliness standards, and documentation.
- Advise Production Manager and Maintenance Manager of the needs for maintenance on all production machinery. Monitor, supervise and manage cleaning, sanitation and preventive maintenance of the entire production area.
- Proper storage and handling of raw materials at all times. Understand the interaction of raw materials with the production equipment.
- Ensure that all product is properly marked with correct label, lot number, manufacture date and any other information required by procedure.
- Provide input into the continual improvement of efficiency, procedure, asset care, safety and quality of all operations.
- Perform other tasks and projects, which may or may not involve production, as requested by the Production Manager.
- Food manufacturing-related work experience.
- Experience or familiarity with the safe operation and basic maintenance of food production machinery.
- Experience with technical documentation.
- Experience using basic hand tools and power tools.
- Ability to evaluate and utilize root-cause analysis to solve problems.
- Knowledge of cGMP, HACCP, Kosher, and Certified Organic guidelines and requirements for dietary supplements is a plus (training will be provided).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds repeatedly for extended periods of time.
- Ability to wear a respirator using OSHA medical and fit-test standards.
The shift schedule is Monday through Thursday, 5:15 p.m. to 4:15 a.m. with some overtime required.
Since its inception over 25 years ago, The Synergy Company has grown in stature to become one of the most highly regarded brands of certified organic supplements in the international marketplace. Synergy cares about the environment and the communities it serves. Most importantly, The Synergy Company cares about its employees: offering competitive compensation and benefits. We consider every employee and customer as a member of the Synergy Family and treat each with respect, integrity and the opportunity to better themselves.
Candidate must be authorized to accept employment in the United States. The Synergy Company does not sponsor Visa programs.