The Synergy Company is currently seeking a Director of Manufacturing. The company, located in the breathtaking surroundings of Moab, UT, is a manufacturer and direct-to-consumer retailer of premium quality, organic dietary supplements, serving the most discerning consumers in all parts of the world.
The Director of Manufacturing will be overseeing all Production, Maintenance and Warehouse operations within The Synergy Company, a vertical manufacturer currently growing at a double digit annual percentage rate. The successful candidate will encounter challenges and opportunities in a high visibility, high impact role, enhancing and furthering all aspects of production operations as well as involvement in special projects.
- Develops and monitors Standard Operating Procedures for processes in the plant according to current Good Manufacturing Practices for Dietary Supplements (cGMP’s), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), Kosher and Certified Organic guidelines and requirements. Establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established company quality standards.
- Achieve optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead and raw material costs to meet annual budgetary plan.
- Reviews processing schedules and production orders to determine staffing requirements, work procedures and duty assignments. Constantly monitors the teams to ensure the resources are applied efficiently to meet objectives in all areas.
- Plans and prepares production schedules with lead times and ship dates that are appropriate to sales forecasts and/or customer orders, ensuring production schedules are met.
- Hire, train, develop, mentor and evaluate staff. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensure compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consult with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
- Interviews candidates for position openings and hires according to budget planning.
- Plans, delegates, and controls work assignments and special projects of staff.
- Maintains and fosters teamwork, good work ethics and discipline among staff.
- Works effectively and relates well with others. Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others, working to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Sets and manages performance targets for direct reports.
- Directs and monitors department managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures. Acts as liaison between department management/subordinate levels, as well as, executive/department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data. Direct the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
- Analyzes production specifications and manufacturing plant resources. Makes recommendations on future production and manufacturing plant needs.
- Directs and coordinates various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
- Initiates and coordinates major projects, (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Creates and maintains Master Manufacturing Records, Batch Records and Batch Tickets and SOPs.
- Reports daily on Operations activities and issues being addressed.
- Develops annual budget for submission. Tracks budgetary approvals and executes on purchase and/or installations as scheduled.
- Reviews operations and confers with technical or administrative staff to resolve warehousing, production or processing problems.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Exceptional reading and comprehension abilities as well as an attentiveness to detail.
- Ability to work with computers and software such as Microsoft Excel and ERP systems.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with food process manufacturing teams; at least two years’ experience in a similar role.
Since its inception over 20 years ago, The Synergy Company has grown in stature to become one of the most highly regarded brands of certified organic supplements in the international marketplace. The Synergy Company cares about the environment and the communities it serves. Recognized twice by the State of Utah for "Excellence in Manufacturing for Environmental Consciousness" the company is frequently cited as a leading example of sustainable business practices. As well, the company is deeply committed to supporting the local community of Moab. Most importantly, The Synergy Company cares about its employees: offering excellent benefits, internal promotion opportunities, and flexibility for life's occurrences. We consider every employee and customer as a member of the Synergy Family and treat each with respect, integrity and the opportunity to better themselves, not only in their career but in regard to their physical wellbeing as well.
Candidate must be authorized to accept employment in the United States. The Synergy Company does not sponsor the Visa program.
Visit the ‘About Us’ at our website to apply www.thesynergycompany.com
Submit a narrative letter with your resume for consideration.
Synergy offers Medical, Dental and Life Insurance, 401(k), Supplemental Insurance, Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off as well as an ample supply of employee product.