The Synergy Company is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager. The company, located in the breathtaking surroundings of Moab, Utah, is a manufacturer and direct-to-consumer retailer of certified organic, high integrity dietary supplements.
The Quality Assurance Manager will implement, maintain, and manage the quality systems to ensure consistent quality of product and services in accordance to Synergy’s internal standards as well as regulatory and legal standards. The Quality Assurance Manager must provide analysis and solutions to quality issues in a fast-paced environment. The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for the management and development of the Quality Assurance and Quality Control department functions and personnel development.
- Review quality control feedback regarding day-to-day operational inspections. Administer Inspection Review process, issue Corrective Action requests, and verify quality requirements are met.
- Ensure corrective and preventative actions are administered in accordance with the quality system.
- Review procedures to ensure compliance with legal, regulatory and certification requirements.
- Manage existing systems or create and implement systems for data analysis and product specifications.
- Lead training activities related to product and service quality and reliability. Maintain QC personnel development and training. Conduct continuous improvement training on Quality Topics (Statistical Sampling, Specifications, Quality Management, etc.).
- Manage documentation to support sales and marketing claims. Conduct and compile research to advise Product Development Team and Operations Management.
- Review and check formulas and formula changes against labels.
- Oversee laboratory functions internally and externally, including the material identity program.
- Conduct and manage organoleptic testing. Remain current on organoleptic expectations for individual materials and how they perform in finished products.
- Evaluates FT-IR analysis of dried materials and recommend actions. Review and report on R&D materials/projects to ensure expectations for new products are updated.
- Build relationships with external laboratories to meet the testing needs of the company. Provide solid communication to ensure successful testing of the materials.
- Maintain a full understanding of the ERP software used for inventory and manufacturing.
- Obtain and review documentation requests and provide feedback to the Regulatory Affairs Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations, high volume manufacturing control points, quality systems including assessment techniques; quality service standards; delivery systems.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in a fast-pace environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others (written and verbal).
- Ability to effectively manage personnel and interact with coworkers and customers.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with a very high level of communication.
- Ability to obtain information from diverse sources and then organize this information to implement and monitor cohesive and comprehensive quality plans and systems.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate data to make decisions and solve problems regarding quality.
- Ability to evaluate information against a set of standards and verify its accuracy.
- Ability to use a computer and software associated with the position.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and provide solutions.
- Able to tolerate sitting for long periods of time.
- Able to wear Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
Since its inception 25+ years ago, The Synergy Company has grown in stature to become one of the most highly regarded brands of certified organic supplements in the international marketplace. Synergy cares about the environment and the communities it serves. Most importantly, The Synergy Company cares about its employees and offers competitive compensation and benefits. We consider every employee and customer as a member of the Synergy Family and treat each with respect, integrity and the opportunity to better themselves.
Candidate must be authorized to accept employment in the United States. The Synergy Company does not sponsor Visa programs.