The Synergy Company is seeking a Director of Human Resources. The company, located in the breathtaking surroundings of Moab, Utah, is a manufacturer and direct-to-consumer retailer of certified organic, high integrity dietary supplements.
The Director of Human Resources will oversee and execute all aspects of human resources, including onboarding, training, employee development, employee relations, performance management, benefits administration, policy development, recruiting, and communication.
- Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
- Writes directives advising department managers of Company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Writes and delivers presentations to corporate officers or government officials regarding human resources policies and practices.
- Recruits, interviews, tests, and assists in the selection of employees to fill vacant positions.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Advises, and as requested, assists management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier. Coordinates Safety Committee meetings and acts as Safety Director.
- Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
- Prepares budget of human resources operations.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as temporary employees, search firms, or relocation services.
Provides management direction and counseling. Supervises clerical assistant and temporary staffing as needed.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- At least five years’ experience in a human resources management role
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to foster teamwork and inter-departmental collaboration
- Highly organized work habits including keen attention to detail
- Ability to initiate and follow projects through to completion
- PHR certification is preferred
- Manufacturing industry experience is preferred
- HR experience in a company of 50-100 employees is highly preferred
- Up to date knowledge of applicable employment law
Since its inception over 25 years ago, The Synergy Company has grown in stature to become one of the most highly regarded brands of certified organic supplements in the international marketplace. Synergy cares about the environment and the communities it serves. Recognized twice by the State of Utah for "Excellence in Manufacturing for Environmental Consciousness" the company is frequently cited as a leading example of sustainable business practices. As well, the company is deeply committed to supporting the local community of Moab. Most importantly, The Synergy Company cares about its employees: offering excellent benefits, internal promotion opportunities, and flexibility for life's occurrences. We consider every employee and customer as a member of the Synergy Family and treat each with respect, integrity and the opportunity to better themselves, not only in their career but in regard to their physical well-being as well.
Candidate must be authorized to accept employment in the United States. The Synergy Company does not sponsor the Visa program.