The Synergy Company is currently seeking a Production Manager. The company, located in the breathtaking surroundings of Moab, UT, is a manufacturer and direct-to-consumer retailer of premium quality, organic dietary supplements, serving the most discerning consumers in all parts of the world.
The Production Manager will oversee all Production operations within The Synergy Company, a vertical manufacturer currently growing at a double digit annual percentage rate. The successful candidate will encounter challenges and opportunities in a high visibility, high impact role, enhancing and furthering all aspects of production operations as well as involvement in special projects.
- Develops and monitors Standard Operating Procedures for processes in the plant according to current Good Manufacturing Practices for Dietary Supplements (cGMP’s), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), Kosher and Certified Organic guidelines and requirements. Establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established company quality standards.
- Supervises personnel and externs in production area.
- Participates in creating, maintaining and closing batch records, BOM, and Batch tickets
- Maintains Batch Records for cGMP requirements. Maintains Batch Tickets for accurate labor information associated with the jobs.
- Remains current on OSHA regulations, Safety Standards and Workplace Ergonomics.
- Evaluates, analyzes, documents and implements remedies for identified deficiencies in the manufacturing system. Ensures that corrective and preventative actions are taken.
- Reviews processing schedules and production orders to determine staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments. Constantly monitors the team to ensure the resources are applied efficiently to meet objectives. Keeps track of employee time cards.
- Work with Maintenance Manager in creating and/or updating Work Instruction and Procedure Documents for the machinery care and preventive maintenance schedule. Maintains an updated inventory of all change parts for all production equipment.
- Monitors, supervises and manages cleaning, sanitation and preventive maintenance of the Production Area.
- Is responsible for the complete training of all Production personnel. Develops training plans and schedules for all new employees in Production. Develops and advances the continual training of existing Production personnel.
- Confers with the Director of Manufacturing and/or other appropriate personnel to determine status of assigned projects.
- Establishes improvement goals and hold personnel under his/her supervision accountable.
- Operates Production equipment including, but not limited to, the following: blenders, encapsulation machines, capsule polishers, mill and sieve equipment, bottling room operations, and various other pieces of equipment throughout the Production area.
- Minimum of a college degree in business, food or nutraceutical related fields. Or equivalent previous manufacturing related work experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with food process manufacturing teams; at least two years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience or familiarity with the safe operation and basic maintenance of production machinery. Strong troubleshooting skills is a requirement as well as hands on experience.
- Experience or familiarity with production processes and systems.
- Experience in reading technical documentation.
- Exceptional reading and comprehension abilities as well as an attentiveness to detail.
- Ability to work with computers and software such as Microsoft Excel and ERP systems.
Since its inception over 20 years ago, The Synergy Company has grown in stature to become one of the most highly regarded brands of certified organic supplements in the international marketplace. The Synergy Company cares about the environment and the communities it serves. Recognized twice by the State of Utah for "Excellence in Manufacturing for Environmental Consciousness" the company is frequently cited as a leading example of sustainable business practices. As well, the company is deeply committed to supporting the local community of Moab. Most importantly, The Synergy Company cares about its employees: offering excellent benefits, internal promotion opportunities, and flexibility for life's occurrences. We consider every employee and customer as a member of the Synergy Family and treat each with respect, integrity and the opportunity to better themselves, not only in their career but in regard to their physical wellbeing as well.
Candidate must be authorized to accept employment in the United States. The Synergy Company does not sponsor Visa programs.
Visit the ‘About Us’ at our website to apply www.thesynergycompany.com
Submit a narrative cover letter with your resume for consideration.
Synergy offers Medical, Dental and Life Insurance, 401(k), Supplemental Insurance, Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off as well as an ample supply of employee product.