The Synergy Company is currently seeking an Information Systems Business Analyst. The company has two locations; Manufacturing operations are in Moab, UT and Marketing operations are in Boulder, CO. Synergy is a manufacturer and direct-to-consumer retailer of premium quality, organic dietary supplements.
The IS Business Analyst designs, implements and maintains data-related solutions to deliver usable data for all company departments, including a data warehouse from multiple SQL databases. The position defines user interfaces and functional specifications and implements business rules via stored procedures, middleware, or other technologies. The IS Business Analyst is responsible for verifying accuracy of data and will also be expected to be the technical expert on the data aspects of the company’s ERP systems.
SQL Database Developer/Analyst/Administrator
- Create Data Warehouse tables that access data from the production database and/or other sources using stored procedures, including ETL.
- Maintain Data Warehouse tables to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Optimize Data Warehouse tables for efficiency.
- Write queries from both Data Warehouse and production databases to provide information to multiple departments. Requires a solid understanding of standard querying logic, particularly JOINs.
- Maintain integrity of data.
- Execute updates on production database tables.
Business Process/Information Systems
- Understand the business transaction flow throughout the entire company.
- Become the Subject Matter Expert on the Company’s MRP/ERP system (BatchMaster). This involves understanding how all departments use the system, how it behaves, how activities in one area affect other areas, what its limitations are, and what its capabilities are that could be used more effectively.
- Work with ERP support to resolve problems, coordinate updates/upgrades, and develop customizations.
- Assess workflows and systems to recommend improvements, with a goal of selecting and implementing a new ERP system in 2-3 years.
- Ensure Data Warehouse Order Header and Order Lines tables reconcile with Business System.
- Troubleshoot macros in Excel workbooks, including macros with embedded queries.
- Develop spreadsheet models to facilitate and support business processes, which may include macros with embedded queries.
- Position Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in a computer science, information systems, or computer engineering and 6+ years’ related work experience or equivalency.
- Data warehouse analysis and design experience, with knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modeling.
- Experience with tier-one applications, databases, and data warehouses such as MSSQL Server, Crystal, SAP, SCM, etc.
- Microsoft SQL Server experience; certifications preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability with MS Windows operating systems.
- Demonstrated ability with common ETL tools (Wherescape RED a plus).
- Experience with analyzing user requirements and building front-end BI applications according to specifications.
- Knowledge of shell, perl, and scripting languages.
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes and general business practices.
- Strong ability to problem solve and critically examine requirements.
- Prior experience or use of source control tools is a plus.
- Knowledge of Magento is a plus.
Must have the ability to:
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees.
- Work with data in a confidential manner.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Communicate verbally and in writing.
- Work on multiple projects concurrently with accuracy, and within time and budget constraints.
- Quickly learn technology and understand unique system requirements.
Since its inception over 20 years ago, The Synergy Company has grown in stature to become one of the most highly regarded brands of certified organic supplements in the international marketplace. Synergy cares about the environment and the communities it serves. Most importantly, The Synergy Company cares about its employees and offers competitive compensation and benefits. We consider every employee and customer as a member of the Synergy Family and treat each with respect, integrity and the opportunity to better themselves.
Candidate must be authorized to accept employment in the United States. The Synergy Company does not sponsor Visa programs.