Customer Accounts Specialist
Customer Accounts Specialist
The Synergy Company is hiring a Customer Accounts Specialist to join our Wholesale Department. The Customer Account Specialist represents our commitment by providing highly professional, individualized, and customized support services to our roster of Wholesale and Commercial customers. As part of a growing Wholesale Services department, the Customer Account Specialist will have duties that span various Wholesale sales channels and include responsibilities such as order and sample processing, facilitating customer requests, and obtaining or contributing to the development of demand projections. The Customer Account Specialist at The Synergy Company is a key player in communicating with customers and cross-departmentally to provide excellent service and fulfillment of product orders, while contributing to improvements as the department develops.
This role is based in Moab, UT, with a primary schedule of Monday - Friday, 8 A.M. to 5 P.M., with additional hours as required. Some flexibility in days and hours and some hybrid work and/or remote work is acceptable.
This position is a non-exempt, hourly role with a pay range of $18.00 to $21.38 per hour, depending on qualifications.
We also offer a competitive benefits package including paid medical/vision/dental insurance, 401k retirement account with employer match, employee product stipends, paid wellness and volunteer time off, professional development/training, and much more.
The Synergy Company is a family-friendly business. We are proud to now offer generously subsidized on-site childcare at our Moab location for any employee.
About Our Ideal Candidate
You have a service-oriented mindset, and excellent account management skills. You are able to work independently once given an assignment, and are able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and consistently meet assigned deadlines.
You enjoy working with others and have strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to collaborate with colleagues and management. You have excellent verbal and written communications skills, and a meticulous attention to details.
About the Role
The Customer Accounts Specialist at The Synergy Company is expected to have a direct impact on our growth goals, providing individualized, professional, customized support services to our roster of Wholesale and Commercial Accounts. Duties include:
Order and Sample Processing
- Performs sample and order entry, and facilitate maintenance and updates being processed based on customer and internal requirements and processes.
- Performs returns/refunds and facilitate maintenance and updates to returns/refunds based on customer and internal requirements and processes.
- Works closely with customers and the Finance department to ensure proper invoicing and payment collection for customer orders.
- Identifies and accurately creates and/or updates required shipping documents based on customer and internal requirements and processes.
- Determines when a shipment requires LTL or Parcel services and coordinates with appropriate freight forwarding companies, carriers, and internal teams to arrange shipments based on requirements, methods, and documentation.
- Identifies international shipment requirements and certifications accurately and efficiently, communicating the needs to all parties involved in coordinating the applicable shipments.
- Closely monitors e-mail and other modes of incoming communications, ensuring that customers are responded to in a timely manner.
- Continuously develops greater understanding of product knowledge to better understand and serve our team and customers.
- Develops expertise in company processes to better understand and serve our team and customers.
- Communicates internally with other departments to assist in projects and pursue improvements, with clarity and timeliness.
- Communicates as a liaison between customer and company to ensure customer and department satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned.
Organization-Wide Performance Expectations
- Demonstrates commitment to performing according to the RISE values of The Synergy Company and representing the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Always maintains confidentiality.
- Upholds regulatory requirements to ensure continual compliance with departmental, organizational, state, and federal regulations and policies.
- Follows all policies and procedures to ensure a safe environment for staff and customers.
- Completes annual education, training, in-service, and licensure/certification requirements; attends departmental and organizational staff meetings or reads meeting/committee minutes.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work within designated timeframes.
- Establishes and maintains effective verbal and written communication and good working relationships with all customers, staff, and vendors. Utilizes initiative; strives to maintain steady level of productivity; self-motivated; manages activity and time.
- Actively participates in departmental and organizational performance improvement and continuous quality initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Visa Sponsorship
- Must be able to read, write, speak, listen, and comprehend English proficiently as to enable the safe and effective performance of the job
- A background check will be required
- Familiarity with nutritional products
- Familiarity with international shipping and freight
- 1+ years of account management in a business-to-business environment preferred
About The Synergy Company
At The Synergy Company, we believe that everyone deserves to be well - in body, mind, and spirit. Our intrinsic care for the well-being of people inspires our work to create the most natural and effective dietary supplement products. Our formulas, ingredients, and processes preserve and protect the many gifts and advantages of nature while utilizing the innovations of modern nutritional science. We stand out in the business world by aligning our entire organization with our independent ownership and values-driven stewardship. We foster meaningful work for our entire staff that supports the whole person and affirm the highest standards in our finished products that provide genuine benefit to the health and well-being of our customers.
Founded in 1992, we choose to remain privately owned and directly engaged. As a certified B Corp, we intentionally manage every detail of our business from start to finish, leaving nothing to chance -from the organic soil growing our carefully sourced heirloom seeds to the protective oxygen impermeable seals on our glass bottles. We source our premium ingredients from the highest-quality, most sustainable producers around the world. Those ingredients are manufactured into our products in our award-winning, wind-powered, certified organic facility located in beautiful Moab, Utah - an adventure-filled destination that is envied the world over. We prioritize our customers by offering our Pure Synergy® products direct from our factory through our E-Commerce platform and we couple that with a highly knowledgeable and caring customer service team.
The Synergy Company believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people. The Synergy Company is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. The Synergy Company strictly prohibits discrimination of any type without regard to race, color, religion or belief, age, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), gender identity and/or expression, national, social, or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, physical, mental, or sensory disability, genetic information including characters and testing, parental status, military or veteran status, and any other non-merit factors or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Synergy Company will not tolerate discrimination, harassment or retaliation based on any protected characteristic. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
The Synergy Company will provide reasonable accommodation upon request. If reasonable accommodations are required to fully participate in the job application, interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the People and Culture Team by phone at (435)610-2783 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We are proud to participate in E-Verify.
To view our applicant labor law posters, please click here, and choose your state.
If you have questions, please reach out to our People and Culture Team at 435-610-2800.